Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Busy Day Today!

Wow today flew by so fast! I had a long night, and Bubba decided it was a "no sleep" kind of night. So we passed the time on the couch, watching pretty much anything but infomercials. He finally passed out around 11-ish. And of course, wouldn't you know it, by then I was too tired to sleep! So I stuck him in bed, knowing that by the time I did fall asleep, he'd be there to wake me. Yup. I must have dozed sometime after 2, because I remember changing the channel just before then to watch something else. The next thing I know, it's 5 am, and Bubba is laying on me on the couch!
So I wake up, and the kids are still sleeping. Make coffee, check email. Kids were up by 7, and Bubba got up with me at 5-ish. Busy day! We (I) folded 5 loads of laundry, sorted into piles and put away, plus 2 more loads (which are now staring me in the face, begging to be folded). We cleaned bedrooms, swept the living room and the hall and kitchen. Mopped floors(while the kids were outside and not messing them up). Cleaned up the back patio, and filled the dumpster almost to the top.
Of course, with so little sleep for Mr. Bubba, I had to stop every 15 minutes or so, to pull him off someone, or pry his fingers off someone else's things. And we had about a 1/2 hr or so today of just plain screaming. Hitting and kicking because he wanted something and/or didn't get his way. I have claw marks on my right wrist, because he wanted loose to go after one of the other kids who had a toy of his. He was so sorry when he was done though, and he cried and kissed my scratches. I know he doesn't mean it, but it gets harder as he get older to deal with his outbursts and meltdowns. And it's especially hard in public, because it's not a visible disability, so people think he's just a bad child. In reality he really not, he just can't cope.
Got outbid on Ebay for the dress we were thinking of for Moms wedding, so I'll be looking far and wide tomorrow for something similar. Sis finished cutting out the tulle circles for the treat/favor bags, so tomorrow we are going to her house. That should be an adventure! Bubba does fairly well with Sis' younger boy, but him and the older boy just don't get along. And Baby Sis and her 4 yo and 18mo old are gonna be there too, along with Mom. Something tells me it's going to be a LONG day!
He's laying on the couch sleeping as I'm writing this, he finally fell asleep about 10:30, but he woke up again when I tried to move him to his bed. I have Austyn this week, since it's spring break. He and Bubba have been getting along fairly well, which is new because Bubba is usually insanely jealous when Austyn is here. Caleb on the other hand, he doesn't care a bit if Austyn or Adrian are over, just as long as they leave his stuff alone. The funny part is, Austyn is 8 mos younger than Bubba, but emotionally, mentally and in almost every way possible is ahead of Bubba. Ironic? Maybe, but I just like to blame it on the fact that Austyn is the oldest of his moms kids and the fact that he grew up around mine.
Caleb has been having a hard time falling asleep too, but he had the same issues as Bubba when he was younger. Not sleeping, or sleeping only a few hours. Waking in the night all the time. His Dr. says that we can still do Melatonin with him, but it's hard enough getting him to take his regular meds, much less trying to get him to take anything extra.
Caleb, like Bubba, has this amazing ability to memorize movies, and songs. He loves Big and Rich(a country group), Rascall Flatts, Diamond Rio, Mark Wills, and almost any other country group. And Bon Jovi(don't ask, long story, lol).

1 comment:

Leann I Am said...

Well, I think Skittles has GREAT taste in music!

*giggle*

You must be EXHAUSTED!!!