Monday, March 24, 2008

Planning A Wedding!!!

Mom and her long-time guy friend have decided that they are finally going to tie the knot! They have been together on and off, for almost 17 years. Yes, I said YEARS!
So originally they came to me and my sis about planning the wedding. Gave us a date of June 14th. That's what, almost 3 months? Ok, it can be done, we just need to be organized. Then brilliant mom and her now future husband call me today, and say "Hey how do you feel about April 19th?" How do you think I feel??? It's less than a month away!!!!! So now we're trying to figure everything out, with less than a month to get it all together. STRESS!!!!!!!
So we already have the favors/table decorations picked out and all the fixin's for them. We've coordinated colors for the kids to wear(khaki's for the boys with white shirts, and yellow or white dresses for the girls--fyi the colors they picked are White and Yellow). I have a bid on a dress on Ebay -- my favorite place to shop! A vintage 1940's wedding dress, with beautiful cloth covered buttons.
So we went to Walmart -- my other favorite store -- for all the stuff for the favors. Organza ribbon, and tulle for bags. Candy for the bags, and hershey kisses that say congrats and thanks. We also bought her a wedding guest book, with a pretty heart charm on it. All together she spent almost $100, and I spent $50. Not bad for what all we got. We would have spent more if we had ordered everything from the catalogs. Sis is making the cake, and we are working together to make all the favor/table decoration bags.
Wow I can't believe that they are finally getting married! I can remember when they first got together, it doesn't seem like that long ago.
More on this later, I got bags to make!

1 comment:

Leann I Am said...

That's not even a month! That is NOT enough time! It sounds like you guys have it pretty well under control now....good luck!